The Environmental Services Department of the Year Award provides national recognition for the significant contributions made by an environmental services department to the overall patient experience and achieving a health care organization's mission.
Sponsored by Tork
The EVS Department of the Year highlights the outstanding achievements of a cutting-edge environmental services team in maintaining high levels of performance in cleaning, disinfecting, infection prevention, environmental sustainability and stewardship, technology use, patient satisfaction, education, and training in critical areas.
EVS Department of the Year Award winners will be announced throughout EVS Week: September 11-17, 2022.
Applications Now Open for the 2022 EVS Department of the Year Award
Nomination Deadline: Friday, June 17
Every year, AHE recognizes the extraordinary work environmental services departments contribute to the health and safety of hospitals and health centers.
It's been more than two years since the COVID-19 pandemic began. Throughout this crisis, environmental services departments across the country worked non-stop to adapt, collaborate and apply new approaches to slow the transmission of COVID-19.
AHE wants to recognize your efforts to protect the health and safety of medical staff and patients. Share the contributions your EVS department made in the past year for a chance to be featured in the September issue of HFM Magazine and during EVS Week 2022.
- Long-term facility
- Small facility (1-249 beds)
- Medium-size facility (250-499 beds)
- Large facility (500+ beds)
Who should apply
- Data-driven teams and departments demonstrating consistent improvement over baseline metrics and scores
- Teams that stand above the rest, exceeding performance standards
- Departments demonstrating high levels of performance, productivity and efficiency
- Candidates may be nominated by an AHE member or non-member or may nominate themselves
- The current AHE Recognition Committee will select award winners based on submitted nominations. The committee may request additional information if needed
- All submissions become the property of AHE
2021 EVS Department of the Year Selections
250-499 Beds: Geisinger Community Medical Center – Pittson, Pa.
500+ beds: Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital/Cottage Health – Santa Barbara, Calif.
2021 Honorable Mentions
250-499 beds: CaroMont Regional Medical Center – Gastonia, N.C.
500+ beds: Sutter Medical Center Sacramento – Sacramento, Calif.